ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
First Generation Student Support
- Create programming to enhance the success and sense of belonging for first-generation students (Trailblazers)
- Provide support and communication plan for first generation students and families
- Supervise Trailblazer mentors in this program to foster personal, academic, and professional success.
- Plan and direct the Trailblazer Orientation Program
- Identify speakers, presenters, and events who/that can enhance connections and foster understanding of the beauty of differences in experiences and perspectives.
- Create and plan events to celebrate first generation student graduates
- Provide oversight for planning and implementation of service programs for students
- Serve as college representative on select CollegeTown committees
- Supervise and support individual and group civic engagement opportunities for students and student organizations
- Identify and create avenues for Converse faculty, staff and students to engage in the Spartanburg Community
- Establish sustaining partnerships with local agencies and resources to create opportunities to impact our local community
- Raise awareness of community events to increase Converse’s participation in meaningful community engagement
Student Recreation Services
- Develop, implement, and evaluate intramural and student recreation programs
- Advise Valkyries Club and other organizations associated with recreation activities
- Supervise undergraduate staff – Community Advisors (CA) and Peer Academic Coaches (PACs) as required for specific community
- Oversee management of student fitness and recreational areas
Generalist Responsibilities for the Division of Student Development and Success
- Participate actively as a member of the College to uphold all policies and service expectations
- Utilize office tools such as Jenzabar, Microsoft Office and Google applications for Division success
- Participate in the College emergency on call rotation
- Serve on teaching team for Student Success Seminars and First-year seminars as needed
- Serve as a representative to campus wide activities and programs as needed including Admission events (information table and/or presentations)
- Serve on College committees and planning teams to best serve students
- Assist with the implementation of events that enhance the college community
- Serve as a representative to campus wide activities and programs as needed
- Actively engage with the entire campus community to encourage student learning and growth
- Continually work to identify ways to enhance, grow and revise strategies that foster students’ academic, personal and professional success
- All other duties as needed to ensure the success of students and the College
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in Higher Education and Student Affairs or related area. Experience and professional interest in developing communities that foster respect and personal success; desire to raise awareness of diverse experiences, perspectives and people through education, speakers and interaction; residential life experience also preferred but not required.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
We believe that a diverse faculty and staff are essential to achieving academic excellence; thus, we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.