SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Director of Donor Relations serves as the primary liaison with donors of Converse College within the division of Institutional Advancement. This position manages and implements a comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program in conjunction with ongoing cultivation efforts that support fund raising objectives of Converse. Work includes stewardship of giving societies, management of endowment reporting, special events coordination with the Director of Special Events and Board Management, gift acknowledgements, as well as printed and permanent donor recognition. This position reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, and works closely with the Vice President of Philanthropy, as well as with donors, campus constituents, the Institutional Advancement Division, alumnae and other friends of the college.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a primary liaison between the College and its donors
- Works in coordination with the Director of Special Events and Board Management to implement donor recognition events on campus, including, but not limited to, Silver Soiree, Thousand Thanks and Holiday Cheer
- Coordinates with the President’s Office involving President’s interaction with and stewardship of high-level donors and participation in donor-related events
- Writes quarterly thank you letters for the President and Chair of the Board of Trustees, produces Annual Fund thank you letters and postcards, reporting for all foundation gifts, reporting and letters for all endowment gifts, and other written pieces as needed
- Works with the Institutional Advancement team to coordinate Giving Clubs/ Societies with gift levels and their corresponding recognition events
- Oversees the appropriate acknowledgement of major events in donors’ lives and work with Communications for public recognition
- Coordinates the College’s efforts to honor donors, as appropriate, including, but not limited to, all naming opportunities, awards, and donor plaques.
- Leads the work with Director of Facilities to coordinate all donor plaques and potential naming opportunities on campus
- Works with Office of Financial Planning, Office of Admissions, Business Office, and the Director of Advancement Services with process of awarding endowed and named scholarships on an annual basis.
- Establish and maintain contact with scholarship students, including facilitating communication and connection between these students and related donors
- Designs and implements the strategy to secure proper donor recognition from all endowed scholarship recipients.
- BA or higher
- Experience in donor relations, development, event planning, or comparable experience is preferred
- Professional and engaging interaction with alumnae and the external community required
- Proven ability to write and speak articulately, convincingly, and inspiringly
- Self-starter, high energy and goal oriented
- Extensive understanding of the value of a liberal arts education, the benefits of a historic single-gender institution and a passion for the mission, history, culture, and future of Converse College
- Excellent organizational, communication and personal relationship skills
- Ability to relate to alumnae and friends of all ages and geographic areas and to work effectively, developing and sustaining lasting relationships
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a close and collaborative way with members of the Institutional Advancement division, as well as other members of the college’s faculty and staff
- Comfortable managing multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
- Must be willing to work extended hours (nights and weekends as needed) based on the needs of the college, specifically related to the planning and execution of special events
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer service and professionalism
- Compliance with the College’s Service Expectations
- Performs other duties as deemed appropriate by the President and/or Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
We believe that a diverse faculty and staff are essential to achieving academic excellence; thus, we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.