This is a 10-month renewable position that reports directly to the Head Soccer Coach. The successful candidate must be enrolled as a full-time graduate student at Converse College. Compensation will include tuition remission for up to six credit hours per semester, housing, meal-plan, and a monthly stipend.
The Soccer Graduate Assistant is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the program, including but not limited to recruiting, scheduling, training, monitoring academic progress, promotions, volunteer work, fundraising and coaching team members. The Graduate Assistant is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Converse College, Conference Carolinas, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Converse College is a member of the NCAA at the Division II level.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coaching, instructing, and managing members of the Converse soccer program
- Recruit and scout in accordance to the NCAA DII and Conference Carolinas guidelines
- Perform routine daily responsibilities related to the operations of the sports program, including, but not limited to, computer data entry, record keeping, and compliance logs required by NCAA
- Assist in the organization of camps and clinics
- Assist in fundraising efforts for program
- Monitor student athlete academic success
- Develop and lead student athletes on and off the field
- Perform other duties as assigned. Could include scheduling, travel arrangements, assessing equipment needs, and other team related functions
- Adheres to all institution, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Reports all known NCAA violations in accordance with institutional, conference and NCAA policies and guidelines
- Represent Converse College and the soccer program in a professional manner
- Undergraduate degree required
- Prior experience in coaching at any level
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of social media platforms
- Willing to work early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays, be able and willing to drive campus vehicles, and travel for games and recruiting.
- Be a self-starter and highly motivated
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Goalkeeping background or licenses
Individuals wishing to apply should submit a cover letter and résumé to Kaitlyn Kerrigan, Head Soccer Coach, at Kaitlyn.Kerrigan@converse.edu
**Any candidate that is considered for the position must be accepted into a graduate program at Converse College before the offer of the position can be officially extended.**
Candidate will also be interviewed by a member or members of the Athletic Administration Staff.
ABOUT CONVERSE COLLEGE
Converse College is a liberal arts master’s university in Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States. Converse consists of an undergraduate women's college as well as co-ed graduate, online and summer programs. It was established by a group of Spartanburg residents and named after textile pioneer Dexter Edgar Converse. It has an undergraduate enrollment of about 800 women who come from throughout the United States, along with some international students. The graduate enrollment of about 550 students is made up of both men and women.
We believe that a diverse faculty and staff are essential to achieving academic excellence; thus, we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.