SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Special Events and Advisory Boards Coordinator reports to the Director of Alumnae/i Relations &Advisory Boards and works closely with alumni, campus constituents, Institutional Advancement, donors and other friends of the college.
The role is responsible for the execution of a comprehensive development and alumni relations event strategy in support of fundraising and alumnae/i engagement objectives for Converse College. The Coordinator is responsible for implementing alumnae/i engagement initiatives for the school such as reunions, coordinating Board meetings and donor / stewardship events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and manage an events strategy to cultivate, recognize, and engage alumni and donors, including developing comprehensive timelines for event planning and execution, managing the creation of promotional materials; coordinating publicity; coordinating staff functions; overseeing completion of tasks; and researching and composing background information and talking points for program hosts and speakers. Types of events may include:
- Annual Reunion Weekend
- Bi-annual Board(s) meetings
- Legacy Hooding
- Junior Ring Ceremony
- Senior Candlelight Dinner
- Founder’s Day
- Chapter Events
- Other events may be added
- Coordinates with the President’s Office involving President’s interaction with high-level donors and participation in donor-related events
- Work with key Converse administrators, including the President’s office, other Converse Schools and departments, board members, alumnae/i, and donors to conceptualize events, secure speakers, create invitation lists, support event promotion, and manage logistics.
- Partner with front-line fundraisers and donor relations staff to secure, educate, and steward hosts for events. Manage follow-through with event hosts to receive payment and provide gift-in-kind credit to donors.
- Work with IA staff to track and record volunteer participation and event attendance in the College alumnae/i database.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Associates Degree
- Experience in event planning, donor relations, development, or comparable experience is preferred
- Professional and engaging interaction with alumnae and the external community required
- Self-starter, high energy and goal oriented
- Extensive understanding of the value of a liberal arts education, the benefits of a historic single-gender institution and a passion for the mission, history, culture, and future of Converse College
- Excellent organizational, communication and personal relationship skills
- Proven ability to write and speak articulately, convincingly, and inspiringly
- Ability to relate to alumnae and friends of all ages and geographic areas and to work effectively, developing and sustaining lasting relationships
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a close and collaborative way with members of Institutional Advancement, as well as other members of the college’s faculty and staff
- Comfortable managing multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
- Agreeable to extended hours (nights/weekends) specifically related to the planning and execution of special events
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer service and professionalism
- Compliance with the College’s Service Expectations
- Performs other duties as deemed appropriate by the President and/or Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.