SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Annual Fund Coordinator of the Converse Annual Fund will support the staff’s efforts to increase the annual unrestricted financial support of Converse College. These duties include but are not limited to word processing, mass direct mail, email, social media, phon-a-thon, data entry, working with students, faculty / staff, parents and friends, and making personal solicitations. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Assistant Director of the Converse Annual Fund to implement the Converse Annual Fund campaign including direct mail, email, phon-a-thon, and peer-to-peer solicitation strategies designed to meet the College’s Annual Fund goal each year.
- Assist with the Annual Fund Reunion giving program, including the 50th year reunion class giving.
- Support the Converse Class Fund Chair (CCFC) Program, by recruiting alumnae volunteers to solicit gifts from classmates.
- Assist in the student phon-a-thon program, for both solicitation and acknowledgement of Annual Fund gifts.
- Support the Converse Annual Fund on all social media outlets, including the Converse web site, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Solicit gifts via telephone calls and mail.
- Manage all aspects of seasonal in-house mass hardcopy and electronic mailings for the Annual Fund and Reunions, including data collection, proofreading, printing, mail merges, stuffing, postage, and delivery to mail facility. When outside vendor are used, contact vendors, get quotes and make selection, prepare materials, deliver data, and process expenses.
- Assist in preparing pledge and gift acknowledgements (gifts under $500) and ensure that these are processed and mailed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Enter and manage large amounts of data on donors to the Annual Fund, maintaining a database of these donors and class and reunion honor rolls.
- Provide general office support including word processing, proofing all correspondence, processing expenses in a timely fashion, filing, distributing mail, answering voice mail and e-mail, maintaining stationary inventory, and maintaining supplies for Annual Giving team.
- Maintain the communications calendar by recording the scheduled dates for hardcopy and electronic mass mailings, solicitations, and pledge reminders.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum BA/BS.
- Flexibility to work an unconventional schedule which will include nights and weekends.
- Minimum of one years' experience in fundraising is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Self-starter, high energy and goal oriented.
- Superior organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize while paying attention to detail.
- Outstanding listening, communication (both oral and written) and personal relationship skills.
- Understanding of the confidential nature of development work.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of / competent in all forms of social media.
- Ability to work in close collaboration with Institutional Advancement Division and College’s faculty and staff.
Performs other duties as deemed appropriate by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and/or Assistant Vice President for Philanthropy.